This is a very common problem in homes. We left on vacation and when we returned home, we found humidity in the ceiling or some of the walls or some or several of the rooms of the house flooded. If you have a home insurance the first thing would be to give the insurance company a share so that an expert is dispatched so that he as an expert can analyze the origin of the damages and quantify them and thus be able to claim the culprit Of the flood.

house is flooded

If the flood has been due to an oversight of us such as leaving an open faucet logically there will be no cause to complain and only have to check the contents of the home insurance policy to see if it has any type of coverage as to the damages in the house. What will probably be included among the coverage of the insurance policy will be the civil liability for damages that we have been able to cause to some neighbor.

However, if the flood in our home is a consequence of a neighbor’s fault or a general downpour of the building our housing insurance is likely to include the claim of such damage to the neighbor or the community as appropriate. So it is very important that the expert comes to our home as soon as possible and issues a report that specifies the origin and who is the cause of the damages and the amount thereof. Said report will serve as a basis for claiming the company of the deceased if it has insurance and if not the deceased directly.

It is very important that when the expert goes to our house value: Damage to the dwelling itself, eg raised flooring detached tile etc. It will be necessary to see if they are susceptible of repair or it must be compensated its value by the causer if it is not possible to return them to the state of conservation in which they were before the flood.

In that case we can go directly to the neighbor or to the community so that if they have insurance part and go their experts. If they do not have to answer directly. The claim should be initiated by means of a buro fax with acknowledgment of receipt and a certificate of text that ideally is written by an attorney and will serve as a preliminary claim to the judicial process in case it does not have the desired effect.